Terms & COnditions
ABBEY STADIUM RULES
Last updated: August 2023
All Abbey Stadium members (“Members”), guests, and those periodically visiting (together “you”) Abbey Stadium must comply with these Rules. These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at Abbey Stadium and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership. In these Rules, “Abbey Stadium”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Rubicon Leisure Limited as the company operating the site Abbey Stadium “Club”.
Any person who does not comply with these Rules (or engages in any other misconduct) may be ejected from, or denied access to Abbey Stadium, or may have their Membership terminated by Rubicon Leisure. Your safety and that of our people is our highest priority.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules and Abbey Stadium operational rules, at any time. If we do this, we will give Members reasonable advanced notice by making you aware in Club. Rules will change from time to time. If in doubt, please ask a member of our team.
- Acceptance of an application for Membership at Abbey Stadium is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably, and in compliance with applicable laws).
- Membership entitles Members to use the facilities. We offer different types of Memberships and access to facilities at Abbey Stadium, and the types of memberships and facilities offered by us may change from time to time.
- You should contact Abbey Stadium if you would like further details of different types of Memberships that are available. Another category of Membership may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
- For our Direct Debit members, we collect on the 1st of each calendar month or the nearest working day after this. If a direct debit is returned by your bank unpaid, we will have the right under BACS regulations to re-present a request for this payment at any point without notice but within one month of the original charge.
- We sometimes offer promotions where an annual membership may be discounted for customers wishing to commit to a twelve month membership: This membership can not be cancelled once purchased.
- As a benefit to Direct Debit memberships only, we offer the opportunity to temporarily pause or ‘freeze’ your membership in the event of prolonged absence such as serious illness or injury with evidence of hospital or doctors note. This benefit is for full calendar months only and available for a minimum of 1 calendar month up to a maximum of 6 calendar months.
- Memberships that are monthly or rolling must give 30 days notice for cancellation. Cancellations can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your membership number.
MEMBERSHIP CARD, WRIST BANDS AND QR CODES
- A Membership Card can be issued to each Member at a fee of £3. Wrist bands are available for a fee of £7.50. The use of QR codes to access Abbey Stadium is offered ‘free of charge’ via the mobile application.
- There is a fee of £3 for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards or £7.50 for wristbands.
- Each Member must have his/her/their QR code, card or wristband read at the entrance turnstile for security and verification on each visit to Abbey Stadium before proceeding into the Club. Any Member attending Abbey Stadium without a valid Membership QR code, card or wrist band may be asked for proof of identification. Should any other person be found to be using a membership held by another, the membership will be at risk of being blocked or further access being denied.
- A Member must not share their QR code, lend their Membership card or wristband to anyone else as membership is personal and covers only the Member’s use of Abbey Stadium.
- On termination of membership, for any reason, the Member is required to give 30 day which must be a calendar month and surrender their Membership card and wristband to Abbey Stadium.
BEHAVIOUR & CONDUCT
- You should conduct yourself in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment by any other person. In particular, you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner, nor will you molest, or harass, other Members, guests, visitors, or members of staff.
- You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of drugs or intoxicating liquor or substances in any part of a Club.
- Members of Abbey Stadium, guests, visitors, and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the relevant Abbey Stadium’s management, or by email to Scott Brinkworth – General Manager.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use of e- cigarettes or similar devices.
- You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Abbey Stadium premises, and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Duty Manager who may, at their discretion, require you to leave Abbey Stadium or part the premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
- Only one individual is permitted in a toilet or shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of a parent or parent or guardian who may take his/her/their own child aged up to eight years into a shower cubicle with them).
- Members are respectfully requested to store coats and rucksacks in the lockers provided. Please note that all personal belongings are left at the owners risk.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must use the main entrance to Abbey Stadium when entering or leaving the building, unless the Fire alarm sounds. At this time, you will need to exit via the nearest fire door
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with or obstruct fire doors for any reason.
- You must comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
- We reserve the right to amend the leisure centres rules at any time and if necessary, without notice to you. We will always attempt to notify you of any changes, especially in relation to health and safety.
- Whilst at Abbey Stadium, members should respect others’ personal space.
- Opening times for Abbey Stadium will be prominently displayed at reception and on our Website and/or App.
- The Pool will close 30 minutes before the advertised closing time to allow members time to change. All other facilities (including the gym floor) will remain open until the advertised closing time.
- You may not bring pets (other than guide or assistance dogs) onto Abbey Stadium premises.
- We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. Where reasonably possible, we will notify you of any filming or photography taking place in Abbey Stadium and may ask you to sign a use of image rights form to consent.
- We reserve the right to show potential members and other individuals the facilities of Abbey Stadium on a trial basis.
- You must complete a Health Commitment Statement as requested by us before using any fitness facilities.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
- In the interest of hygiene, we actively encourage you to wipe down all equipment after use and to bring a towel.
- You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours’ notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them.
- If you can no longer attend a pre-booked class, you must cancel your booking online via our App or Website by giving at least 2 hours notice.
- If you book a class and fail to attend without cancelling correctly (as above) more than three times in any 30 day period then your class booking rights will be put on hold for a week.
- You can book up to a maximum of seven classes at any one time.
- Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
- In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Classes will commence at the scheduled time. Entrance to classes after the class start time will be refused. Any spaces available at the start time will be offered to those present and waiting.
- Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees in the class.
- An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
For reasons of health, safety and hygiene you must:
- Obey the instructions of our lifeguards;
- Always shower before entering the swimming pool;
- Not consume, store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container;
- Only shave in the wash basins provided;
- You must: (a) wear long hair tied up, or in a swimming cap whilst in the swimming pool; (b) not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool; (c) comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area; (d) wear appropriate swimwear only. Swimwear that covers large areas of the body (including burkinis and full body swimsuits) is permitted provided the safety of the swimmer is not compromised.
- No balls, floats, or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by Abbey Stadium. Buoyancy aids are permitted.
- The swimming pool areas may from time to time be reserved for adults only, swimmers only, or swimming lessons. Prior notice will be displayed on Abbey Stadium notice boards or online.
CHILDREN / JUNIOR GYMNASIUM USE
- Junior Members under the age of 11 are not permitted to use the gym floor.
- Junior Members over the age of 11 may use certain equipment on the gym floor provided they have completed the relevant induction for their age. They are only permitted to use the equipment covered in their induction.
- Junior Members may be asked to wear an appropriate wrist band for their age grouping whilst on the gym floor.
- Junior Members must listen and comply with any instructions from The Abbey Stadium staff.
- All Junior Members aged 11 to 14 must be accompanied by their Parent or Guardian on the gym floor or unless attending a supervised session specifically for juniors.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- No photos or videos are to be taken in the centre without permission at the centre
- You must not take photos or video of any children under 18 other than your own.
- You must respect the rights of other adult members when taking photos or video in other areas of Abbey Stadium by not intentionally taking photos or videos of others. You may be requested to delete them if anyone challenges whether or not they feature.
- If we believe that you may have taken a photo or video footage in a restricted area or have concerns with you taking photo or video footage elsewhere in Abbey Stadium, we may ask you to show us the images taken and ask you to delete them if appropriate.
- We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or film shots of you for press or promotional purposes. However, we will attempt to notify you if filming or photography is taking place in Abbey Stadium and where reasonably possible, we will ask you to sign a use of image rights form to consent to usage. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, you should not use Abbey Stadium if promotional filming or photography is going on.
- Prices may be reviewed at any point during your membership and we undertake to provide at least 7 working days’ notice of any price change either by email where this exists, or by post.
CHANGE OF DETAILS
- Should your personal details change, please notify us immediately. The details we hold for you will be used to communicate electronically or by letter with you as per BACs regulations
- Where we have to alter hours of business or change activity programmes, every attempt will be made to provide advance notice and to minimise disruption and inconvenience. Compensation in the form of use of alternative facilities, activity vouchers, or pro rata refunds may be offered where disruption is significant and set to continue for an extended period.
PERSONAL PROPERTY, INJURY, ILLNESS AND DEATH
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional. Subject to the final paragraph of this section, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage you may suffer where the same is attributable to:
- Your own fault
- A third party unconnected with our provision of services under this agreement; or
- Events which neither we nor our suppliers could have reasonably foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence of for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.